Dr. Paul Jenkins specializes in positivity. He is a psychologist who provides you with an owner’s manual for your brain. His wisdom and insight will help you understand your mind so you can let it work more effectively on your behalf. Through his writing and speaking, Dr. Paul loves to help his followers get an iron grip on powerful pathological positivity principles that make an immediate difference in their lives. Constantly using his creative juices to help others, Dr. Paul also has a podcast called ‘Live On Purpose Radio’, where he calls himself ‘The Shrink Who Expands Your Life’.
Most Influential Person
- George Clason (Author of The Richest Man in Babylon)
Effect on Emotions
- It makes all the difference. We can get trapped in depression and anxiety. And folks, I’m a trained professional psychologist and a participating member of planet earth, of the human race and so I get to feel these things too. Even as a trained professional, the feelings that I have; this is part of the powerful effect of mindfulness. These feelings that I have are perfect and completely consistent with the way my mind is doing those two processes we talked about today; evaluation and creation. And you’re never wrong about the way you feel.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing; I recommend it every day! Breathing is something that I teach my clients as a way to calm the limbic system response. There are structures in your brain including the amygdala that create a fight or flight response and in the meantime we experience threat. The easiest way and the quickest way that we have a lot of control over is to engage in conscious, deliberate, breathing exercises. This has a calming effect on the limbic system of the brain and reverses some of the chemical processes that are going on that allow us to get back into mindfulness mode. When the limbic system is triggered it actually changes the blood flow in the brain and makes those higher cognitive areas of the brain less accessible to us.
- Book: My Story by Elizabeth Smart
- Book: The Art of Significance: Achieving The Level Beyond Success by Dan Clarke
- App: Feed Your Happy
Advice for Newbie
You’ve already started [to discover mindfulness] … you’re listening to this episode! Subscribe to the Mindfulness Mode Podcast. Read, associate with people. I’ve had several colleagues and people I’ve interviewed who have called back to the same principle that you will be most like the people you hang out with. Look at the five people who hang out with the most. What kind of a mode are they in? Are they in mindfulness mode? Are they in positivity? And if not, can you surround yourself with people who are? So read, associate, listen. Pay attention to the input your putting into your mind. And the daily news is not the best way to remain mindful.