Michael Weinberger is a software engineer and who felt like his life was off the rails. Dealing with Bipolar Disorder, which caused eating challenges, depression and other difficulties, Michael decided to take measures into his own hands. He created a piece of software to help him cope by using mindfulness on a regular basis. The software kept him on-track and also helped him with his medications. Now Michael has made this solution available to others who deal with similar challenges. He also shares what he has learned about coping with mental illness by becoming a sought-after speaker and writer.
- Website: aplanforliving.com
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Influential Person
- Dr. Denise Brooks (My therapist)
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has allowed me to get my emotions in check, and emotions that were otherwise way out control. It gave me the opportunity to pause and take stock of where I was and what I needed to do.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is probably the foundation of my mindfulness practice. Simply the act of taking a deep breath when I think something or I am racing gives me enough pause to stop and really determine what the right action is. I’ve always learned in order to change directions you have to stop first and you know my brain doesn’t know how to stop without physical queues. Taking a deep in-breath and blowing it out is a significant part of that stopping. Similar to my concept of spirituality is I breathe in the universe and I breathe out Michael. Just that simple visualization of Michael being that out of control, out of touch set of emotions in my body, I simply breathe in the peace that is out there and I breathe out myself.
- Book: The Unteathered Soul by Michael Singer
- App: Breathe / Calm / Headspace
Advice for Newbie
- I have learned that mindfulness doesn’t require fancy outfits and renovated rooms in your house and expensive teachers. I believe that the practice of mindfulness is as fast as sitting at a red light and taking a deep breath, and it can be practiced anywhere at anytime. You receive immediate benefits from it and there is no wrong way of doing it.
Thank You Bonus:
As a thank you for listening, download your free copy of my book, Cracking The Success Code. I teamed up with Brian Tracy, along with some other entrepreneurs to create the best-selling book called Cracking The Success Code: The World’s Leading Experts Reveal Their Top Secrets To Help You Crack The Code For Optimum Health, Wealth and Success. You’ll hear more about my story and how I became an anti-bullying advocate which later led to mindfulness and my mindfulness coaching. Download the book free at MindfulnessMode.com/cracking. Enter your name and email and you’ll have your book downloaded in no time. Enjoy the book, Mindful Tribe.