Cameron Brown sold or donated 99% of the things he used to own back in 2016 and proceeded to embark on his latest project known as ‘A Place Called Earth.’ He travels the world, coaching & training people on how to make a greater positive impact. Cameron also creates short films and music that has reached millions of people across the globe, inspiring positive change on a personal, social and environmental level. Cameron believes part of his purpose is to assist in the evolution of humanity and our planet. He is a songwriter and anti-bullying advocate, having written and performed, Close To The Edge, a wildly popular anti-bullying anthem known across the world.
- Website: www.ThrivingCollective.com
- Website: A Place Called Earth
- Social Media: /AskCameronBrown (IG, FB, Twitter)
Most Influential Person
- Eckhart Tolle
- Dr. Wayne Dyer
Effect on Emotions
- I still get frustrated; I still get annoyed. There’s still these things that play out.
- Being a human isn’t about saying I just want to be happy all of the time. It’s about allowing yourself to experience the full wave of emotions.
- That’s what’s beautiful. You can’t know a beautiful day without a really cloudy, rainy day. You don’t know light without dark.
- Life is a sea of contrast. I look back to my teenage years when there were a whole lot of dark times. My life could have gone one way or the other. I could have ended up in a really bad space long term.
- I’m extremely thankful that I found personal development and emotional intelligence, mindfulness and all the other pieces that make up allowing yourself to experience what it means to be a human and be aligned to why you’re here.
- The moment you can notice and understand you are not your thoughts, you can allow your emotions to flow through you, not get stuck in you.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I don’t even know if I consciously do it anymore. A number of different breathing strategies that used to take conscious awareness to actually do them, there’s a framework that I use at the moment which is having unconscious incompetence, which is not knowing that you suck at something, to having conscious incompetence which is, ah, I know this, I suck at this. Conscious competence is, I can do it, but I need to focus, to then being unconsciously competent which is I can do it with my eyes closed.
- It takes time in the beginning to build in new strategies and patterns of behaviour, whether that’s breathing, which it used to be for me to being able to allow things to flow through, to knowing why it is that I’m experiencing it. Having the awareness around that, having the emotional regulation.
- Whatever the pieces are, it’s about knowing and understanding that for a period of time there’s going to be a feeling of incompetence and feeling like you’re not getting it. Until you move to conscious competence, and actually been to unconscious competence, that’s where it becomes part of your identity and this is where a lot of people fall short.
- Because they build a habit, but it’s still conscious competence in the strategy that they’re trying to implement. They think they’ve got it and they focus on something else and they cycle back because they didn’t allow it to be an unconscious pattern even when they’ve got their eyes closed.
- Book: Presence by Amy Cuddy
- App: N/A
- There were some situations in school; both sides. Looking back, things that I did and things that happened to me. The most impactful is the song, Close To The Edge. Now it’s approaching 1.7 million views. People are reaching out and saying that song is what saved them. The amount of people who have reached out….
- One example is, there was a troll who appeared in the comments section of the song. There were some very nasty things said as I’m sure you can imagine. I made a decision to explain the trolls behavior and why the troll was doing that.
- I explained that in most cases the reason why somebody requires to overpower somebody else is because deep down they actually feel insignificant and that’s what this person is likely to be doing right now.
- What will happen probably next is they’ll become even more vocal.
- The next comment was; ‘that’s BS and you know it’. And I responded back with, ‘See this is what happens, they just become a little more vocal.
- And the next step is they’ll either become even more vocal to try and overpower, or they’ll just be completely silent and leave and go on to somebody they can find who is the next victim because they weren’t able to grab the significance from that situation.
- We didn’t hear from him again.